Oklahoma Dental Wellness Center offers the latest in digital x-ray technology. We provide superior resolution with less radiation exposure than conventional dental x-rays. The digital radiograph x-ray at Oklahoma Dental Wellness Center is an excellent new way to help diagnose potential oral problems. The digital radiograph not only emits half the amount of radiation associated with traditional x-rays, but is also much less time consuming. The environmental effect is lessened as there are no processing chemicals used. Using a sensor that is placed in your mouth in the correct position, the pictures are taken and immediately sent to our computer. You can then see the photos with your dentist right from the computer screen.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- Exposes the patient to less than half the amount of radiation received from traditional x-rays
- Gray-scale resolution of 256 colors compared to less than 25 shades on conventional film, allowing for a more detailed image
- Instant image transfers to the monitor so that the dentist can review and explain the information to the patient
- Images can be enlarged and saved for future reference or printed out for insurance documentation
- Offers the ability to compare your x-rays with one another digitally on our computer
- Zero time spent developing x-rays means more time to take care of your dental needs
Why are Digital X-Rays Important
- To locate areas of decay that can’t be detected with a visual examination
- To detect periodontal disease by investigating possible bone loss
- To aid in the preparation and placement of dental implants, orthodontics and other dental work
- To locate possible abnormalities such as cysts and oral cancer
For more information on this exciting new technology or to schedule an appointment, contact Oklahoma Dental Wellness Center at 405-752-0111 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org today!